●Ambassador Iwai presents his credentials to the President of Iraq
On October 19, 2015, Ambassador Fumio Iwai who arrived at Iraq on October 13, presented his credentials to the President of Iraq, H.E. Dr. Fuad Masum. Ambassador Iwai discussed with the President Masum the ways to enhance the bilateral relationship between Japan and Iraq.
●Ambassador Iwai presents the copy of his credentials to the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Iraq
On October 19, 2015, Ambassador Fumio Iwai who arrived at Iraq on October 13, presented the copy of his credentials to the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Iraq, H.E. Dr. Ibrahim al-Jaafari. Ambassador Iwai discussed with H.E. FM Dr. Jaafari the ways to enhance the bilateral relationship between Japan and Iraq.
●Application for the Program for Global Human Resource Development for Peacebuilding and Development (the Global Peacebuilders Program)
The Global Peacebuilders Program is established by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan (MOFA) in order to strengthen civilian capacity in the field of peacebuilding and development. There are two courses now open for application under this program;
1. Primary Course
The Primary Course provides 6-weeks of training in Japan (Coursework) for those who have the strong will to build their careers in the field of peacebuilding and development.
2. Mid-Career Course
The 7-days training course is designed for those who seek to further advance their careers in the field of peacebuilding or development in the future by enhancing their knowledge, skills and network together with distinguished facilitators.
Please find more information including applications forms for the courses at
●Visit of the Delegation of the “Iraq-Japan Parliamentary Friendship Association” to Iraq
1. On 5th of October, Ms Yuriko Koike, Chairman of the Iraq-Japan Parliamentary Friendship Association and Mr Ichiro Kanke, Secretary-General of the Association, visited Iraqi capital Baghdad. This was the first visit of the delegation of the association to Iraq since it was established in February this year, and contributed to strengthening the bilateral relationship, especially in parliamentary level.
2. The main purpose of this visit was to show Japanese support to Iraq which has been making a steady progress in the national reconciliation to overcome the sectarian and ethnic tension while facing the war against terrorism at the same time. In addition, the visit aimed at sending the message that Japan continues its non-military support to Iraq by extending humanitarian assistances and reconstruction projects.
3. During the visit, the Japanese delegation had several meetings with high-rank Iraqi officials, including Dr Salim al-Jubouri, Speaker of the Council of Representatives, Mr Hasan Shwered al-Hamdani, Chairman of the Foreign Relation Committee, Dr Louis Karo Mansour, Chairman of “Iraq-Japan Parliamentary Friendship Association”, and Dr Ibrahim al-Jaafari, Minister of Foreign Affairs.
Besides these meetings, the Japanese delegation had an official lunch with members of the Council of Representatives who visited Japan in February in the program called “the Seminar to Share Japan’s Experience and Knowledge”.
● Address by Prime Minister Shinzo Abe at the Seventieth Session of the General Assembly of the United Nations （September 29, 2015, New York)
- World Heritage in Japan
- Videos on Japan's Foreign Policy
- To make Women Shine: WAW! From Japan to the World
- Provisional of comprehensive information on Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station related issues
- Japan's position on the Senkaku Islands.
- Notice of Change Telephone and Fax Number.
September 3, 2015
Assistance for stabilization in newly liberated areas (Counter-IED trainings for Iraqi Police officers)
July 28, 2015
Emergency Grant Assistance for Improvement of Humanitarian Situation and Stabilization in Iraq
October 20, 2014
Statement by the Press Secretary, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan, on the Recent Situation in Iraq